In my life, there have been certain things that have always been true. I am going to share one of these “Farheen Facts” with you today.
August is the best month of the year. Not an opinion, “Farheen Fact”. Why else would they call it August if it was not august by definition?
There aren’t any other months that declare how awesome they are. There is a reason for that. It is because no month comes close to being as majestic and awe-inspiring as August. Here are some reasons why:
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month, National Psoriasis Awareness Month, National Water Quality Month, National Back to School Month, National Goat Cheese Month, American Adventures Month, Panini Month and Happiness Happens Month** among others.
- There is no snow.
- Baseball season begins to get more exciting.
- Kids go back to school. This is awesome for parents. But even when I was a kid, I looked forward to being back in school because I would be bored by the time August rolled around.
- Many famous people were born, such as Wes Craven, Martha Stewart, James Hetfield of Metallica, Roger Clemens, Bill Clinton and many, many more.
- Lots of historic things happened like Anthony and Cleopatra had their untimely demises, Lizzie Borden’s parents were found murdered, Columbus discovered Venezuela, Tenochtitlan was conquered by Cortez, Pakistan and India gained their independence from their British oppressors and Thurgood Marshall became the first African-American Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 8 is a lucky number in China and other countries in Asia. And everyone knows how wise and smart Asians are.
The most important reason this is a “Farheen Fact”? Well the main reason would be because yours truly made her appearance into this world a number of years ago, on a hot, stormy afternoon, in the august month of August.
THIS ORANGE PEEL (AND ALL THE OTHERS) BROUGHT TO YOU IN PART BY THE MONTH OF AUGUST.
**”Happiness Happens” Month struck me as particularly relevant pertaining to me. My name “Farheen” is Arabic for a plural number of people being happy. So in a sentence if you wanted to say they are happy, you would say “They are farheen”. Way too much happiness, but evidently it happens in August.